Our team is proud to be a provider of Radial Shockwave Therapy – a breakthrough treatment for Erectile Dysfunction. This procedure has been an option for patients in Europe for over 15 years, with a very high success rate. This is a highly studied, researched, and recommended therapy for men with Erectile Dysfunction.
A Painless Drug-Free Solution to Erectile Dysfunction
The benefits of receiving Radial Shockwave Therapy treatments for Erectile Dysfunction include:
– The procedure is non-invasive
– There is no downtime with this procedure
– The treatment only takes about 20 minutes, and is done 2x/week for 3 weeks for optimal results
What issues can Shockwave Therapy treat?
Radial Shockwave Therapy can treat:
– Problems with maintaining erections
– Problems obtaining erections
– Penile Fibrosis or plaques which cause abnormal curvature of the penis- Also called Peyronie’s disease.
– Medication-induced erectile dysfunction or Disease induced Erectile Dysfunction. For example, some medications for blood pressure, anxiety or depression can cause ED. Also, diseases such as heart disease, high cholesterol, hormone issues, or diabetes can cause Erectile dysfunction.
– Improvement with Erections when other treatment methods have not given a sufficient response- For example treatment with by mouth ED medications have not given optimal results.
– Even if by mouth medications have proven useful for a patient, this is a way to possibly avoid needing to take by mouth medicines or reducing the dosage of by mouth medications for ED.
How does Radial Shockwave Therapy work?
We use a medical device which produces a low-intensity extracorporeal shockwave. This is not painful!!!! The waves cause new blood vessels and new nerve endings to form by causing micro vascular injuries. It also breaks up plaques which inhibit blood flow which causes opening of the blood vessels.
What results can you expect?
Results happen as early as 2 weeks into therapy and last for up to two years. There are some patients which have an immediate reaction, and others that take longer than 2 weeks of therapy to have any improvement. Some patients might also require future “touch-up” treatments.
– Increased nighttime and morning erections
– Increased ability to obtain erections throughout the day
– Increased effects of ED medications
– Increased duration of erections & ability to maintain erections
If I have had a Prostatectomy or a history of prostate cancer, can I undergo the therapy?
As long as you do not currently have prostate cancer and you have not had a nerve-sparing surgery, you can still be treated with Radial Shockwave Therapy. Many patients with a history of prostate cancer have had great results after having this treatment!